The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the role of Customer Service Associate, you will have:
- 1 - 3 years of direct customer support. We'll also consider entry-level, service-oriented candidates with a great attitude.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent; some college is a plus.
- Basic computer skills
- Clearly written emails and basic grammar
- Ability to learn products/applications
- Typing accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment required.
- Good problem-solving skills; the ability to make good decisions on the fly.
- Organization and prioritization skills; strict attention to fine details.
- A passion for service and a strong work ethic.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and de-escalate tensions with upset customers.
The RoleReporting to the Inside Sales Team Leader, as Customer Service Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the sales process through a variety of tasks including:
- Processing incoming sales orders (up to 75% of your time).
- Responding to customer inquiries over the phone and through email.
- Making outbound calls to gather data (decision maker name, address, phone numbers, etc.).
- Updating the database.
- Supporting Outside Sales with new business generation.
- Upselling when appropriate.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good ReasonsGrowing Company
We are a small, fast-growing business. We've gone from 10 employees to more than 40 in less than four years, and, we're showing no signs of slowing! This is a great time to join us!
Everyone at PowerPak is responsible for and committed to exceptional customer service. It's built into our business model and it helps set us apart from the competition. In this role, you will be in a prime position to ensure we deliver on that commitment.
Develop Your Professional Skills & Advance
You will learn about our business and gain insights into the construction industry. Additionally, we will help you identify and build on your strengths in order to reach your professional and personal potential. From the role of Customer Service Associate, there are multiple paths of advancement.
Unique Pro-employee Environment
We understand that a great culture is essential to success and we're proactive about ensuring that people love working here. You'll find a close-knit, family-like atmosphere along with a strong shared commitment to PowerPak goals.